Executive Decisions : 55-Fiction

This post was chosen as a BlogAdda WOW Top Post.



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

Write Over the Weekend theme for Mar 15, 2013-
Start your post with ‘A young executive was nervously biting her nails.’



The following is actually 47-Fiction, since the first eight words are fixed!

Deliverables

A young executive was nervously biting her nails.

“Boss, what if someone finds out?”

“No one will. Ever”

She moved slowly towards him. He wet his lips in anticipation.

White lace fell to the ground. Heartbeats rose.

He held the soft flesh in his hands, moaning with pleasure.

“Screw cholesterol! I'd die for Butter Chicken!”

***

Presentations

A young executive was nervously biting her nails.

The presentation was due in ten minutes.

She Googled fervently, praying for something to put on the slides.

She clicked a link, and almost cried. A presentation she could use practically word for word.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

“Great presentation” said the client. “It was my MBA internship report.”


***

Appraisals

A young executive was nervously biting her nails.

Her appraisal was due today.

“Wonder what my report’s going to be”, she typed into the office chat application.

“Sure it’ll be great”

“Do you think Grouchy knows about the Simla trip aka ‘sick leave’?”

“He does now. You should QC* your chat recipients” typed the Boss.

*QC = Quality Control : A term popularly used to refer to the process of checking one's work before final submission/execution.


***


36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. hahaha, this was a fun read! super like :D! probably first time i am closing your blog page with a smile on my face :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to use more humour just for you :) Thanks for the push DJ!

      Delete
  3. Hilarious and perfect!

    PS: I didn't QC the word count. Reckon you are fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe :D

      My 55ers are always perfectly QCed ;)

      Delete
  4. "Deliverables" cracked me up. I'm a crabby old, unromantic curmudgeon. I'll take food over sex any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me giggle Illsa :D Butter chicken rules!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I just loved the second one, hehe what an accident ouch ! LOL... IT was the same presentation the client had done as his summer internship :)
    You truly seems to be a master at 55 fiction ! Greatly done ! ATB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! I'm happy you had fun :)

      Delete
  6. Hahaha! Enjoyed reading these stories :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!All the three were mind blowing!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bushra!

      Delete
  8. LOL . super read . loved it Mixi .

    Travel India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny! I could relate the last one. Good work Meenakshi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome mixi awesome ! I loved the idea of building 3 55ers with the same starting lines. big thumbs up !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha Lol!! It was my MBA internship report....Lol...I must see the look on her face :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice, good luck for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but this is not really a contest (I think they pretty much list everyone who submits an entry!) :D

      Delete
  13. very well written and touched across scenarios. Holla Mixi!
    ektakhetan.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I must only copy-paste my previous comments, Mixi! I am running oout of superlatives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little stories are perfect....you are so imaginative...and so quick too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sini :)

      Delete
  16. Wow...the second take was completely hilarious to the core. QC ! Thank you for showing the funny side of the theme.

    http://neoimaginations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neo :D Glad you had fun!

      Delete
  17. very hilarious.. great read.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...